search

Mittwoch, 7. Mai 2014

Love/Hate's Aoibhinn swaps the high heels for runners

PARTY girl Aoibhinn McGinnity is hanging up her party shoes and getting on the treadmill – for a few weeks at least.The Love/Hate actress is a regular on the Dublin social scene, attending showbiz events and launches as well as partying with her co-stars.

But the petite actress has vowed to lace up her runners and hit the gym over the next month.
The Monaghan native is gearing up to take part in the Flora Women's Mini Marathon next month.
She is doing the run in aid of CanTeen Ireland, a nationwide support group for young people who have or have had cancer.
Aoibhinn told the Herald that she is being "more disciplined" ahead of next month's challenge.
"I really enjoy running and try and go a few times a week," she said.
"Preparing for the mini marathon, I have to be a bit more disciplined, so I run regularly, eat healthily and make sure I am hydrated before and after I go exercising."
Aoibhinn was contacted about running on behalf of CanTeen Ireland, and said she had no hesitation, especially after hearing about the impact of the charity on the youngsters' lives.
SUPPORT
"It's a great charity and I'm delighted to put on my trainers for them," Aoibhinn added.
But it won't take her too long to get in shape, as the actress is a qualified dancer with a degree in theatre dance.
"I don't get as much chance to do it any more, but I would love to maybe set up a dance school for young people in the future," she said.

Keine Kommentare: