search

Samstag, 10. Mai 2014

Clemson’s Boyd Not Scared of Clowney

Tajh Boyd says he is not scared of Jadeveon Clowney.
Tajh Boyd says he is not scared of Jadeveon Clowney.
Clemson Tiger quarterback Tajh Boyd wasn’t surprised when the question was asked at the ACC Football Kickoff on Sunday. The Heisman hopeful passer was named by Jadeveon Clowney as one of the players who was scared of him during last week’s SEC media days.
“I can tell Tajh Boyd is scared back there,” Clowney said. “He ain’t no sitting duck, but you can see in his eyes that he’s scared of our D-linemen.”
Wisely ignoring the bait left by Jadeveon Clowney, Tajh Boyd stood defiant of the South Carolina Gamecock in his answer. He didn’t cause a media stir by poking fun at his opponent in return, instead choosing to simply shoot down the accusation once and for all.
“Am I scared? No, I’m not scared,” Boyd responded. “No, I’m not afraid of anybody, honestly. It’s never been in my nature, never been in my character. I’m a competitor. I’m going to compete against whoever wants to compete. And it’ll all take care of itself in due time.”
Jadeveon Clowney may be a monster, you can bet the Michigan Wolverines think so after last year’s Outback Bowl, but Tajh Boyd is an athletic passer who hopes to be considered among the game’s elite by the end of the season. Being afraid of a defensive end such as Clowney can’t be in the Clemson quarterback’s mind set if he wants to reach his goals.
“Honestly, I mean, there’s a lot of talking that goes on in college football — on the field and off the field,” he said. “This is one of the more highly publicized things and, honestly, that’s just not in my focus. It’s not on my radar right now. I think it’ll take care of itself when we play them in November and we go down there. Right now I’m just thinking about getting ready for the summer and getting ready for the opener,” Boyd said.
Other quarterbacks may not be as brave as Clemson’s Tajh Boyd however. North Carolina’s Bryn Renner will have the first shot at Clowney this season, and has already watched every play of Clowney’s from last season. He has nothing but praise for Clowney and the South Carolina defense, but doesn’t sound as confident in his comments as Boyd.
“He’s phenomenal on tape.There’s no player I can compare him to as far as who I’ve played against or seen on film. He’s the best player in the country for a reason,” Renner said.
Boyd and Clowney will face off this season when Clemson and South Carolina meet later on this season. We will see if Clowney is able to instill fear into Boyd like he has so many other collegiate passers.

Keine Kommentare: